COMICSPRO ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
FOR COMICSPRO COMIC INDUSTRY CONFERENCE
ComicsPRO Comic Industry conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference, without a refund, at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination including but not limited to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion.
• Sexual images in public spaces
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
• Photography or recording without consent
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events
• Inappropriate physical contact
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning or expelling the offender from the conference, with no refund.
Event organizers will take action to redress anything which disrupts the event or makesthe environment hostile for any participants (whether intentional or unintentional).
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it! Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report here
We can't follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to address the situation, in accordance with this policy.
You can make a personal report by:
• Calling or messaging this phone number: (949) 466-0431.
This phone number will be continuously monitored, by the Executive Director, for the duration of the event.
• Emailing one of three people:
o Executive Director, Marco Davanzo firstname.lastname@example.org
o President of the Board, Peter Dolan email@example.com
o Vice-President of the Board, Jenn Haines firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contacting a staff member or a ComicsPRO Board Member as soon as possible. (Conference STAFF and Board Members can be identified by their Badges). You may report to a staff member or ask them to contact the Executive Director, President, or Vice-President.
• When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. With your permission, they may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once your privacy and comfort are assured, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Email address for organizers: Marco Davanzo, email@example.com
Phone number for hotel/venue security 704-527-9650,
Local law enforcement - Call 911
Local sexual assault hot line - Safe Alliance Hot Line 704-375-9900
Local emergency and non-emergency medical -
Urgent Care - Address: 4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy STE 1500, Charlotte, NC 28211
Phone: (704) 512-6240
[Local taxi company - (980) 785-1405